Sales and Marketing Officer
Commencement of Duty:
Caritas Nairobi Office.
Duration of Contract:
1 year renewable
Ag. CEO Dairy Unit
Based in Limuru, we are looking to hire a sales and marketing officer to help drive sale of milk and related products. In this position, you will be involved in developing sales strategies, maintaining customer relations, and creating sales reports.
To ensure success as a sales and marketing officer, you should have a passion for sales, strong knowledge of modern marketing techniques, and excellent communication skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting sales goals and developing sales strategies.
- Researching prospects and generating leads.
- Contacting potential and existing customers on the phone, by email, and in person.
- Generating sales opportunities by identifying appropriate business targets
- Providing a professional and excellent level of customer service with existing and new customers.
- Ensure timely sale of fresh milk and related products to customers and distributors
- Research to identify customers, sector opportunities and maintain existing ones to increase customer base
- Research competitor market and monitor trends in sales
- Advise on any new methods to help increase sales
- Grow and retain existing clients by building long-term and trusting relationships with customers and maintaining client records
- Attend to customer inquiries and queries and escalate to the head of sales if necessary.
- Take daily orders from customers and distributors.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time by your immediate supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related discipline from a recognized institution
- A minimum of three years of experience in a similar position.
- Preferred experience working in food manufacturing industry especially dairy industry.
- High-level communication and networking skills
- Qualifications and Proficiency in computers applications.
Skills and Experience
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be a team player who is able to work cordially in teams
- Must demonstrate commitment to operational effectiveness
- Must be creative and able to work under pressure
- Must be a flexible person, who is willing to learn and able to work flexible hours to achieve goals
- Values: respect for ideals and values of the Catholic Church
- Ethics: Own behavior is consistent with Chapter six of the constitution
- Adaptability: Demonstrate dynamism and a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
How to Apply;
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications, detailed CVs, names of three referees, available testimonials and working hours telephone contact.