MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
1. The Organisation
Caritas Nairobi is the aid and social development agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Nairobi. Our vision is to see a just, self-reliant and value based society. We work in the counties of Kiambu and Nairobi to provide aid and social development services without regards to race, gender, and age, social or religious backgrounds
2. Position Summary
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will support the M&E office in monitoring and evaluating the progress and impact of projects and other interventions on the ground.
3. Duties and Experience
a. Setting up the system
1. Assist in the review of project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
2. Assist in the development and/or finalization of project Work Plans and keep them updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
3. Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
4. Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
5. Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
6. With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
7. Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computerbased support that may be required.
8. Organize and undertake training with collaborating partners on M&E as required.
b. Implementation of M&E and coordination
1. Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
2. Check data quality with partners.
3. Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyse and aggregate findings.
4. Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
5. Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
6. Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
1. Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
2. Provide the Project Manager with management information she/he may require.
3. Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
4. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the MILKY Project Manager and the Director of Progammes.
4. Required Qualifications and Experience
University degree in statistics, data science, development studies, international development or other relevant social science subjects with at least two years of relevant professional experience
1. Experience in M&E
2. Proficiency in excel for data collection, management, analysis and visualization is required;
3. Proficiency in business intelligence (BI) software, such as Power BI, Tableau, is an asset.
4. Experience in planning and managing surveys.
5. Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
6. Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
7. Experience in managing and providing training to partners and target beneficiaries.
8. Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
9. Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili is required.
d. Required Competencies
1. Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
2. Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
3. Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
1. Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
2. Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
3. Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
4. Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
5. Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
APPLICATION: Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications, detailed CVs, names of three referees, available testimonials and working
hours telephone contact.
Applications should be addressed to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand /post delivery through HR-Caritas Nairobi, Cardinal Otunga Plaza, P.O Box 41353-00100, Nairobi.
For More information, visit the Caritas Nairobi Website www.caritasnairobi.org. Applications
must reach us on or before 27th September 2019