GENERAL MANAGER RUIRU CATHOLIC CHURCH MEMBERS DEVELOPMENT FUND (RCCMDF)
RCCMDF is one of the largest Self help Groups in the Archdiocese of Nairobi Self Help Programme by Caritas Nairobi. In operation for over 20 yrs and with a membership of 20,000 and 13 staff members, RCCMDF provides community savings and lending services to the immediate parish and beyond. RCCMDF is looking to fill the position of General Manager to oversee the day to day running, growth and development of the group to serve its members in the most efficient manner.
Caritas Nairobi is the aid and social development agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Nairobi. Our vision is to see a just, self-reliant and value based society. We work in the counties of Kiambu and Nairobi to provide aid and social development services without regards to race, gender, and age, social or religious backgrounds
This position ensures the efficient daily operation of the Self-help Group facility, including sales and marketing, customer service, and security and safety in accordance with the Groups objectives. Develops savings and loan business; provides superior customer service and promotes a sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation. Provides leadership, training and supervision to all staff.
KEY DUTIES & PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Oversee the strategic growth and day to day operational functions of the group.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the group.
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs.
- Communicate strategy and results to the group's employees
- Engage with the board in broader organizational strategic planning.
- Perform such roles within the board of management as defined by the board operations manual.
- Report key results to the board and other stakeholders.
- Maintain quality services by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Approve Member and bank transactions within authority limits.
- Supervise, coach, and develop staff regarding service expectations, policies, procedures, products, systems and banking transactions.
- Facilitate regular team meetings focused on sales, service and product training.
- Prepare staff performance appraisals and disciplinary notices as needed.
- Ensure audit controls are followed to protect the group from unnecessary risk and exposure.
- Support compliance with regulatory guidelines including Self-help Programme Guidelines
- Participate in community organizations and activities to enhance the group’s image and develop additional business and referral sources.
- Perform additional job related duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong communication, problem solving, and decision making skills to effectively resolve Member and employee issues.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities. Able to build morale and commitment to goals and objectives.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills required to manage, motivate, and develop employees.
- Uphold confidentiality and Member privacy in all situations.
- Proactively seeks solutions that benefit the Member and the group while exhibiting sound and accurate judgement.
- Knowledge of of banking services.
- Detail oriented, strong organization skills and a high degree of accuracy with the ability to work independently.
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in SACCO, banking or microfinance bank operations.
- Bachelors Degree in business, finance, accounting or a related field.
- 35 to 40 yrs old
- Proven business development skills.
- Prior managerial experience.
- Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills are key to this position. Ability to interact effectively with clients and other internal departments is required. Strong attention to detail and the ability to work as part of a team is required.
APPLICATION: Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications, detailed CVs, names of three referees, available testimonials and working hours telephone contact.
Applications should be addressed to:
Applications must reach us on or before October 19th 2018