1. The Organisation
Caritas Nairobi is the aid and social development agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Nairobi. Our vision is to see a just, self-reliant and value based society. We work in the counties of Kiambu and Nairobi to provide aid and social development services without regards to race, gender, and age, social or religious backgrounds
POSITION: ICT OFFICER
2. Key Responsibilities
The ICT Officer will be part of a team responsible for deployment of Mifos core banking software to community microcredit groups across Kiambu and Nairobi County. They will be responsible for initial contact, data analysis, capture, migration, automation, training and providing user support to help develop and implement a long-term roadmap with the objective of improving effectiveness and efficiency of its IT systems.
2.1 Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Self Help Groups from setup to launch of Mifos software including configuration, data management and migration, training, support.
- Provide technical support and training to new and existing users
3. Job Profile
- Act as the first point of contact for staff and provide effective end-user support as required.
- Take ownership of any IT issues raised, carry-out investigation and resolve issues with minimal disruption to the business processes.
- Escalate any technical issues as required and review effectiveness of service.
- Assist self-help groups in data preparation, clean-up and migration to the accounting system
- Provide training to users on IT systems as required.
- Help to develop internal guidance notes, training material and other procedural documents to help users better understand and use our IT systems.
- Effectively engage and communicate with staff to understand how they are using IT systems, understand their problems and discuss solutions.
- Keep all system documentation up-to-date.
- Identify any IT security risks, evaluate mitigation options and carry out suitable measures to increase network and data security.
- Support the development and maintenance of a long-term IT roadmap to improve effectiveness of internal IT systems and implementation of projects to achieve the objectives set-out in the roadmap.
- Effective operation, support, and continual improvement of existing business applications, computer hardware and networks
- Taking a leading role in the development of ICT Value-added services
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
4. Person Profile
4.1 Experience and Qualifications
- A relevant degree in computing and professional qualifications in I.T.
- Strong technical skills in networking, programming, SQL
- Strong technical skills in data analysis in Excel
- Knowledge of sacco/microfinance management systems
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience in a similar role in a medium size business IT environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-working skills with the ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- A good understanding of accounting principles
- A good understanding of security infrastructure and systems would be an advantage
- Highly developed organisational skills including prioritisation, project management and time management
- A drive and desire for continuous professional development
4.2 Personal Qualities
- The IT Officer should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Ethics: Ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Communication: Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate the vision of Caritas Nairobi and communicate complex issues with clarity to a wide range of audiences
- Adaptability: Demonstrate dynamism and a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Building Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization
- Leading: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Innovative: develop enterprising initiatives including digital developments that add value, revenue and richness to Caritas work and its reputation
APPLICATION: Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications, detailed CVs, names of three referees, available testimonials and working hours telephone contact.
Applications should be addressed to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand /post delivery through HR-Caritas Nairobi, Cardinal Otunga Plaza, P.O Box 41353-00100, Nairobi. For More information, visit the Caritas Nairobi Website www.caritasnairobi.org. Applications must reach us on or before 17th July 2019